Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Art of Classical Ballet

I took ballet for 14 years. I had the opportunity to pursue it as a career, but I ended up not having the heart for dance. My dream was always to be the Sugar Plum Fairy, and when I was 16, that dream came true for the first time. At the age of 17, I, once again, had the opportunity to perform the Sugar Plum Fairy. This was never just a dance for me but a goal, an opportunity that I strived for my entire life. Here is the Sugar Plum Fairy with her variation, the man's variation, and the Coda. The pas de deux is not included in this clip. The ballet dancers performing are from the Royal Ballet, and they are the definition of perfection. Take a glimpse into the marvelous (painful, emotional, strenuous) world of ballet.


2 comments:

  1. That's really cool, I'm glad you achieved your goal. I was a baby mouse in the nutcracker for 3 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's awesome that you did ballet. I can only imagine how difficult the sport is!

    ReplyDelete